Standard Terms and Conditions for Decking Installation and Landscaping Works
- All work undertaken will be discussed and agreed with the client, prior to the start date and all work will be completed from the original design by Allondeck.co.uk Ltd or the clients design, unless otherwise agreed.
- The estimate/original price for work includes all materials and labour where stated from original design or the clients’ design.
- The client shall provide water and electricity, if needed, at no charge to Allondeck.co.uk Ltd.
- The client shall provide access to site during working hours. Our working hours are typically 8:30am-4:00pm in autumn/winter and 8:30am-5:00pm or until required in spring/summer.
- Allondeck.co.uk Ltd is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
- The client will be responsible for all payments to Allondeck.co.uk Ltd, unless otherwise notified in writing prior to commencement.
- We can provide the client with an estimated quote or an accurate quote after a site visit has been conducted. The quote shall remain open for acceptance within thirty days of the date shown and thereafter lapses automatically. If the client would like to accept the quote, we will discuss a suitable date for the work commence. Once this has been established, we will then send a deposit invoice for the total amount of the materials only. This is payable two weeks before project commences. Payment will be used to purchase material necessary for the construction of the work.
- A final payment of the balance (minus any deposit) is to be made following practical substantial completion and payable on completion.
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms. Payment methods are by BACS (Internet bank transfer).
- The work is substantially complete when all items described in the clients’ quote have been constructed, installed or disposed of.
Alterations or Changes
- Any addition and/or alterations to the schedule/project shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes. The client agrees that necessary extra purchases of a total up to £50 can be made without verbal or written consent, anything greater than £50 will be discussed with the client before purchase.
- If the client adds extra work to the planned project, then this will be chargeable. If the measurements given for the garden, by the client, are incorrect, then again, any extra labour and materials will be noted and charged to the client.
- All, or any special conditions, of which Allondeck.co.uk Ltd has been informed of are noted in the quotation.
- We are not able to accept responsibility for the well-being and maintenance of living plant material, including turf, following practical substantial completion. If necessary, we reserve the right to substitute any plant with another of equal value and growth/habitat/colour in accordance with the specification. In regard to any landscaping work that involves digging – such as patios, artificial grass, drives or any other digging, nearby to trees, shrubs, flowers, plants etc we cannot be held responsible if roots are in the way and need to be cut to complete the work.
- After practical substantial completion, we are not able to accept responsibility for any damage through the elements, including drought, winds, rain and frost to any material(s) including plants.
- Upon practical substantial completion the responsibility for the care and watering of all plants, lawns, etc., is handed over to the client and will require regular attention until established. Great care is taken to remove all weeds/roots from the site when being prepared, Allondeck.co.uk Ltd cannot accept responsibility for subsequent weed growth on completion of the project.
- It is very important and the sole responsibility of the client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/conditions/permissions that may be involved.
- We accept no responsibility for works that have been carried out on land that is not under the ownership of the client and it is assumed that all planning laws or regulations have been applied before commencement of any works.
- Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of the start date of the contract. This will not affect the original, agreed price.
- Delays caused by other companies on site may cause work to be rescheduled and charges may be made in certain circumstances.
- All materials surplus to the contract will remain the property of the contractor and will be removed from site upon completion.
- We will be entitled to suspend performance of, or terminate the contract if the client fails to pay any sum due to us, in accordance with the payment terms, or is in breach of these terms, or becomes bankrupt, in which case we shall be entitled to payment for all the work carried out and for all goods supplied to the date of the termination or suspension of the contract, and to retain any deposit or interim payment made towards this.
- Maintenance is not included in one off contracts unless specified. Please let us know if you would like a separate quote for regular maintenance.
- We shall not be liable for any defects arising from the clients’ own actions or lack of care, including without limitation, inadequate watering, deliberate damage, pet damage, removal or other abuse or damage caused by the client.
- Cancellation of work not received within 3 working days of scheduled start of work will be subject to a charge of 15% of the quoted price. If the original price included a materials payment, this amount will be non-refundable as materials would have already been purchased.
- If you accept the proposal we reserve the right to use photographs of the garden (before, during and after construction) in promotional material. Such promotional material will not include any personal information.
- Should a warranty be available, this is the clients’ responsibility to register with the owner of that product directly.
- Millboard offer a 25 year residential or 5 year limited warranty. This will be issued by Millboard directly.
The client should visit https://www.millboard.co.uk/warranty/ to register the completed project.
- No warranty is given or implied by law as to the quality or suitability of products supplied by Allondeck.co.uk Ltd, except as stated in writing.